Remembering Ja'Waun Greogry

I remember when you lived on Kelso off E. 140th you had to be around 5 years old when you were caught in your neighbor's back yard tryna smoke a cigarette. I forgot who it was that caught you but what I'll never forget is them saying you were smoking that cigarette like you had been waiting on it all day LOL.

Facebook allowed me to watch you mature over the years so beautifully into the tall, dark and handsome young man you had become since moving to ATL from Cleveland. The time we spent around each other was short but watching you thrive if only through Facebook warmed my heart and was such a treat.


                                           When you graduated from high school


Going to your first job 


When you played Football


When you went to prom


Or just sitting in chair filling out paperwork

Watching you, Jermaine and your Mom grow and transform into progressive beings gave me life. I wish you would have known how much of a following you have and how much you would be missed...

My dear friend Iyana, we can only imagine what your're going through right now. I wish I could just hug you but you're so far away. I am so proud of the woman you've become and the moves that you made. You flourished after leaving Cleveland and moving to ATL. Not many people will pack up and move to follow their dreams but you did. Words cannot fully express how sorry I am that this has happened. You are in my prayers, I love you...

If you would like to contribute towards funeral and cremation expenses not covered by insurance a GoFundMe account has been set up to recieve your donations. Please consider honoring Ja'Waun and all that he accomplished in your giving at during this difficult time. 





If you think a friend or family member is considering suicide, you might be afraid to bring up the subject. But talking openly about suicidal thoughts and feelings can save a life.
If you're thinking about suicide, please read Suicide Help or call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) in the U.S.! To find a suicide helpline outside the U.S., visit IASP or Suicide.org.




Comments

Popular Posts